ChimeraFit 8-week Hypermobile Fitness Course (HFC)
An interactive 8-week online course for hypermobile humans to learn how to develop a completely personalized strength and stabilization program. Learn the life-long skills needed to feel strong, stable, and in control of your body with guidance from a PT and Pilates instructor with hEDS!
Get on the interest list for the next cohort!
Get access to early enrollment, discounts and bonuses! Plus extra hypermobile tips from me:)
Have you ever felt confused about how to exercise safely for your hypermobile body?
I know I have!
Hypermobile folks often hear "you should exercise."
But what does that mean exactly?
- How do I lift weights?
- Should I take Pilates?
- Is Yoga bad for me?
- How do I avoid overdoing it and feeling worse?
- Will someone please tell me what I CAN do!?!
I get it, the options can be overwhelming!
That's why I've created this course to bridge the gap between Physical Therapy and fitness.
This course is for hypermobile humans who
- have struggled to participate in fitness classes or program due to pain or subluxations.
- completed PT for specific body areas but are looking for a full body approach to prevent pain and injuries
- Want to build a completely personalized strength and stability routine that's safe for hypermobility
- Like to workout on your own time with simple home equipment like bands, dumbbells, or body weight.
- Want to learn how to structure a full body program without feeling like you're doing random workouts without goals or purpose.
- Want access to proven tips and tricks for symptoms when they occur
- Want to nerd out with me about anatomy, biomechanics, pain science, and exercise prescription
This course is NOT for you if
- You're looking for high intensity aerobic workouts
- You want a workout that is designed for weight loss
- You want a one-sized fits all exercise protocol to follow
- Have worsening neurological symptoms from cervical instability (CCI or AAI) that likely requires surgery
- Have severe pain that hasn't been evaluated by a health professional
"This course was honestly so invaluable to me that I feel guilty it didn't cost more 😂 I wish I could retroactively give Melissa all the money I've wasted over the years on treatments and programs that were absolutely wrong for my body, as this is really, truly what I needed all along. I came out of this course understanding so much more about my bendy body's eccentricities, and I feel so much more empowered to make up my own routines and programs. I was worried that I might not benefit a lot from the content because I had already just finished half a year of physical therapy to address joint stability, but there's absolutely something here for everyone, in every stage of their hypermobility journey. I wish it had been around years ago. Thanks, Melissa, and thanks to the hypermobile friends I made along the way!" - Ali
What You'll Learn
- My signature framework to guide your movement practice so you feel confident with movement for LIFE
- How to build a completely personalized strength and stability program for your entire body without pain or injury
- Deep dive into the CORRECT technique for strength and stabilization movements for the entire body
- A wide variety of modifications, progressions and regressions to always know what to do when a flare up happens
- How to safely progress movement without flare ups
- Detailed positioning and alignment cues to help you move pain free
- How to integrate strength and stability movements with the best elements of Pilates, Yoga, balance and proprioceptive exercises.
- How to use movement and other self management strategies to reduce pain
What You'll Get
- 50+ instructional movement videos to understand the best way to move in your body during the most important movements to manage hypermobiltiy
- Full ChimeraFit workout videos to put what you've learned into a movement flow that feels amazing
- LIFETIME access so you can always refer back as new issues come up or when you need ideas for progressions
- Direct personalized feedback from the instructor on your form, suggestions for the best modifications for you, and to help you plan your full program appropriately
- Tips and tricks for symptom management
- Weekly live class + Q and A to practice what's taught in the video tutorials, answer all your questions and connect with other like minded bendy bodies!
- Closed Facebook community support where you can upload videos of your movements and learn to analyze for form and technique! We'll also keep each other motivated and share tips and ideas!
- PDF Guidebooks on anatomy, exercise physiology, exercise prescription, modifications and more!
Here's what you get ($3000 value)
Direct instructor feedback on your technique and guidance in deciding the best exercise routine for you and your body ($1750 value)
Get the experience of working with me 1:1 at a fraction of the price. Get individualized feedback and guidance to learn the strategies to build strength and stability. In this course you'll learn the techniques that teach over and over to all of 1:1 clients. The lessons cover material that usually take at least 10-12 sessions to cover (at $175/session).
50+ Video tutorials ($500 value)
Learn on the correct way to perform over 50+ of the most effective strength and stability exercises for hypermobility. This will be an ever growing library that will be a "Living Guidebook" to Hypermobility and you'll have LIFETIME access! As a course member, you' also can request additional videos and info you'd like to see more about.
Weekly exercise classes ($160 value)
Put the lessons together in a comprehensive workout combining strength, Pilates, Yoga and balance.
Weekly small group Q & A ($320 value)
Get all of your questions answered on how to modify movements for your body. You'll be invited to continue with these for future cohorts!
2 PDF Fitness Guides ($60 value)
Quickly reference the modifications for each movement and which individual exercises or stabilization exercises support the fundamental fitness movements. Never wonder, "what should I do when I can't do XYZ"?
Community support from a private facebook group ($260 value)
Learn from a group of like minded bendy bodies that are passionate about understanding movement on a deep level to feel their best
Hi There! I'm Dr. Melissa
I'm a Physical Therapist, Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist, and Pilates instructor. I also have hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hEDS). Like many of you, I've struggled to find the right exercise for my body.
I've used my 21 years of experience as a PT, combined with the best elements of Pilates, Yoga, Strength, and balance training, to develop a method that keeps hypermobile bodies happy. I've succesfully shared this method with 1000's of patients and clients in the clinic, and I'm so excited to share this method with you so you online!
Exercise is something that is simple, but can feel so complicated when you're hypermobile. In this course, I make it easy for you, and share with you how you how you can feel stable, strong and in control of your body!
""Dr. Melissa is an incredible teacher who will help you no matter where you’re starting from. Being hypermobile and learning from someone who is hypermobile has been so critical to helping improve balance, proprioception, and strength.
I am moving so much better—like tin man after oil better. It’s significant and undeniable.
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Melissa and the benefits these classes have had on overall health.
Every hypermobile person needs this in their lives yesterday"